We place cookies on your device for the reasons shown in our cookies policy. Please see our cookies policy for more information about cookies and how to change your settings. Otherwise, continue or close this message to allow all cookies.Close
Full Terms & Conditions
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating, all Participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Weetabix Limited. Station Road, Burton Latimer, Kettering, NN15 5JR, England.
1. This promotion is open to UK, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees and the immediate families of the Promoter, its subsidiaries, other group companies, its agents, professional Instagram or Facebook users, social media influencers or those who work in the food marketing or social influencer industry, or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
2. In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
3. The promotion will run from 00:00 02/01/20 to 23:59 26/03/20 (the Promotional Period).
4. Internet access required and Participants must have an active Instagram or Facebook account. If you do not have an account, you will need to create one in order to participate – you will require an active email address in order to do this.
5. To enter (UK/ROI only): Purchase a promotional pack of Weetabix then either:
Log onto your Instagram account (or create one for free) and upload your photo of your Weetabix bowl and recipe ingredients the hashtag #AnyWhichWayABix to be entered into the promotion. Entries without hashtags will not be accepted. Do not tag any other third-party companies or brands;
Log onto your Facebook account (or create one for free), then post your photo of your Weetabix bowl and recipe ingredients in the comments underneath Weetabix UK’s Facebook pinned promotional post to be entered into the promotion. Do not tag any other third-party companies or brands.
Entering the same photo and recipe ingredients on both channels is not permitted, only one entry will be counted.
Winner Selection: Entries will be judged and scored on the following criteria:
• Most creative ingredients
• Most original recipe
• Most mouth-watering combination
• A healthy balance of toppings and flavours
Each of these four categories counts for a quarter of the final score for a recipe. Once all recipes have been individually judged, the top 350 ranked recipes will enter a second round of judging by a panel of 3 judges (a representative from Weetabix, the promotional agency and an independent party) to determine the winner and 19 runners up, plus reserves.
6. There is no cap on the number of Instagram or Facebook entries per person during the Promotional Period, however duplicate entries submitted by the same Participant will only be judged once. Only one recipe per person will be published in the recipe book. Should there be more than one winning recipe from one Participant, only their highest scoring entry will be selected for the book. This place will be filled by the next highest scoring recipe from the remaining Participants. Entries (bulk or otherwise) made from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted.
7. For residents of NI, no purchase necessary entry route: email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Weetabix recipe, name, telephone number and address.
8. The Promoter monitors responses to this Promotion and if any responses or any previous posts made by an entrant are, or could be regarded, as being disrespectful towards other members of the Instagram or Facebook community or which contain anything which is likely to, or could cause offence or distress will be removed from the Promotion. As someone who enters the promotion, your use on Instagram and Facebook is subject to the relevant platform’s terms and conditions. The Promoter will not accept any liability in this regard.
9. Participants’ entries will be deemed invalid if any post:
• tags any other third-party companies or brands
• contains defamatory, malicious, indecent or other inappropriate content
• includes the names of any individual without their express permission
• in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, cause any widespread or serious offence (taking into account prevailing community views or standards)
• contains content deemed socially irresponsible or likely to breach the CAP Code.
10. Participants who do not give correct details or those who make an entry on someone else’s behalf will be disqualified, at the Promoter’s discretion.
11. Incomplete, illegible, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for entries delayed, incomplete or lost due to technical reasons or otherwise.
12. There is one (1) grand prize of £10,000 for the winner of the competition. If the winner is from the UK, it will be paid in Sterling. If the winner is from ROI, the prize value is EUR 10,000. This winner’s recipe will also feature in the Weetabix recipe book. There will be 19 runner up winners whose recipes will also feature in the recipe book.
13. No cash or other alternative prize will be provided in whole or in part, except that in the event of circumstances outside of its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value.
14. All entries received before the end of the Promotional Period will be judged on the criteria set out in clause 6 within 6 working days of the end of the Promotion Period, by a panel including at least one judge who is independent from the Promoter and at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
15. Winners will be contacted either in the comments of their post on Instagram or under their original entry on Facebook within 3 working days after the judging period and will have 7 days immediately following to contact the Promoter as directed in the message to confirm details (name, email address, postal address and age) in order to claim prize. If a winner does not respond within the 7-day period another winner will be selected using the same methodology as above. Participants are encouraged to monitor their connections during this time in case they are a winner. If a winner is based in NI, they will be contacted using the details received with their entry within the same timeframe as above.
16. The winner of the grand prize and the 19 runners up will each be asked to sign a legally binding release form to consent to and release any intellectual property in the recipe design to the Promoter in order for the recipe to be included within the recipe book. The Promoter shall not include a winning recipe within the recipe book without a signed release form being returned from the winner and received by the Promoter.
17. Winners may be asked questions about their recipe, such as what their inspiration was, in order to create additional content for the page. Participation is not mandatory. The Promoter shall retain full control over the content and creation of the page and recipe book at all times.
18. The grand prize will be a cheque posted recorded first class to the address supplied by the winner within 14 days of winner confirmation.
19. The winner agrees to take part in reasonable publicity in connection with this promotion (if requested). The promoter is entitled (but not obliged) to use the winner’s name and image in connection with such publicity.
20. We may elect to make available the winner’s surname and/or county to members of the public or regulators who request such details within 3 months of the closing date of this Promotion. Participants can object to disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope. We may nevertheless disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so. You may request a copy of the winner’s list by emailing email@example.com. We reserve the right to refuse any or all such requests.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
22. By participating in the promotion the Participants license and grant the promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert. Participants warrant that the materials contain no copyright materials, are their original works, have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and they have full authority to grant these rights. Participants also warrant that any person featured has given their express permission and/or any child (under 16 years) has parental or guardian consent.
23. For the avoidance of doubt, no royalties, commission or similar or other payments shall be payable now or in the future to any of the winners or runners-up for inclusion of the winning recipe within the recipe book should the Promoter wish to reproduce, republish, or market the recipe book commercially or for any charitable purposes at any time in the future.
24. Numerous factors outside the control of the Promoter may interfere with the operation of Instagram and Facebook. The Promoter does not therefore guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to these websites.
25. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Facebook. By entering the promotion, all Participants accept that they have no claim against Instagram or Facebook. By entering the promotion, all participants also agree to a complete liability release for Facebook and Instagram.
26. If for any reason any aspect of this promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter may in its sole discretion modify or suspend the promotion or invalidate any affected entries/claims. If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
27. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion or accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud).
28. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
29. These terms and conditions and any related disputes are subject to interpretation under the laws of England and Wales, and to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
30. These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual issues which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by relevant local law with any disputes as to the meaning of these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.